I'm going to spoil the shit out of Heroes for you. Here it goes. This sentence below in the large letters is the spoiler.
All the characters are pathetic douchebags.
Let's look past the hype engine that is NBC. Here's a summary. "Heroes is the besterest thing ever OMG look at all these people who are on tv! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Now lets look at all the stuff people who watch the show already know, talked up in super epic TV announcer overdrama! Now back to these people, you're still on TV, everyone cheer! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY"
Sorry, got a little carried away. Okay, look. I'll make a deal with you. Stick with me just a few more minutes, and you'll never want to watch heroes again. Just look at this list.
- Mohinder - He was my favorite character in season one. He was a normal guy who just wanted to understand things while living in his dad's shadow. His angst was understandable. Then he shot Sylar, and his character stopped being believable, and just started playing a game of "Who's the bigger douche?" against HIMSELF FROM THE PREVIOUS EPISODE. Now he's injected himself with power serum and turned into evil flaky spiderman. Seriously. You remember the first time someone told you "There's a book out called Twilight, it's about sparkly vampires," and you said "No, seriously," and they said "NO! SERIOUSLY! That's what it's about! Sparkly vampires." Yes, That's Mohinder. He's a cross between Peter Parker, Seth Brundle and India. He's EVIL FLAKY SPIDERMAN.
- Sylar - Sylar will never die. You remember the drama of the first season where the whole point was if Sylar can't die, we're all fucked? Yeah, uh, out the window with that.
- Peter - Shut the fuck up! Even in the future you're a whiny angsty pussy bitch. Shut. The. Fuck. UP!
- Peter - Meanwhile, peter from the present is HALP! Trapped in the body of a guy who's so horrible, WE CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW HORRIBLE HE IS! OH well, the brotherhood of evil mutants seems like okay guys.
- The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - We're so bad. Look at us. We kill people and set fires around gas stations without them blowing up, also, look how MEAN we are. We hurt people for fun with no character development at all, not even with two full hours of prime time television drama dedicated to us because we're the VILLAINS! Isn't that EVIL!? Yeaaah. We're evil. Just look at our name. Yup. Evil. Trust us. Come on Peter.
- Nathan - Found God. No, REALLY.
- Linderman - PS: I'm invisible.
- Angela - My hatred for Angela is so potent, it actually burns a hole in my hatred that is CURRENTLY burning a hole in the whole god damned show. How do we connect with our audience? How about making a character who reminds everyone of their mothers. Their mothers who know for certain what's best for them. Then we'll rub in that point by giving her the power to LITERALLY know what's best for EVERYONE. And oh, does that harpy faced crone sure love to rub it in. you know, just like your real mother! Also, she's Sylar's mom, too. No, REALLY.
- Hiro - Am I the only one who finds his shit predictable?
- Ando - You couldn't give more slash ammo to the fan fic writers if you sucked Hiro's cock.
- Niki, no, wait Jessica. I mean, Tracy? - Oh fuck it, I can't keep track. Apparently she's iceman now, and according to Linderman it should all make perfect sense, unless you're stupid.
- Molly - Written out of the story. Hopefully, Adair Tishler is hiding somewhere in the real world, enjoying a normal childhood far away from this network-hyped port of everything Marvel has already written and driven into the ground so hard that the ground still hasn't recovered despite decades of rape therapy.
- Matt - The best part was when Peter made him disappear. The worst part is when he wasn't dead.
- Claire - I can't. Seriously. I don't even know where to start. The writers love her because she's Rogue and Wolverine's fuck baby, and they show it by making her the angsty, special girl star of the show, while NEVER LETTING HER DO ANYTHING OF USE, EVER. They spend so much effort putting her into the Rogue niche, then when it comes time for action, Noooooooooooooooooo. Sit down and shut up like a good little girl. Here's your mommy. She makes fires.
- Claire's Mom - I have IMDB's Heroes page open RIGHT NOW and I still can't be arsed to look up her name because she's JUST THAT UNINTERESTING. The best part about Claire's Mom is how she makes fire every time you see her, just to remind you that she can. I call this the "Cheetah's Claws" effect, thank you Seanbaby.
- Noah Bennet - Daddy, I want to fight bad people with you. No, dear, it's far too dangerous for a spunky little cheerleader who just happens to be COMPLETELY IMMORTAL. So you just stay here and get brain-raped by Sylar while I go fight bad things armed with nothing more then my enormous balls.
There you have it. Once long ago, Marvel had super hero characters, but over time they became convoluted due to endless retcons. Now, Heroes is saving us the trouble of reading years of Marvel history by doing the same damn thing, only much, much faster. Yes, they also steal from DC, Watchmen, Joss Whedon and classic horror movies, but Marvel is their true bitch. Right down to the retcons.
SERIOUSLY. Three seasons and you're already retconning! JUST FUCKING STOP!