Hey, internet! Thanksgiving is done and that turkey in your fridge is pretty close to picked clean, right? Not so! No matter how thorough you and your roommates may be, there's still more than enough left on that carcass to make a delicious soup! I thought I'd take a moment to share with you my quick and awesome Turkey Frame Soup recipe.
Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
- Find yourself a large pot and a large bowl. Take a good knife and begin patiently cutting away all the meat from the turkey frame. The bones will go into the pot to make the broth. The meat will go into the bowl for later.
- RIP THAT MOTHERFUCKER APART WITH YOUR BARE PRIMATE HANDS TO OBTAIN EVERY LAST MORSEL OF SUCULANT AVIAN CARNAGE!
- Add 8-10 cups of water to the pot full of bones. Add 3-4 cloves of minced garlic and any herbs you like. Simmer for 90 minutes.
- Drain broth and discard bones and solids. Add chopped turkey meat to the broth. Chop up two stalks of celery, three carrots, and either two quartered onions or three chopped shallots. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rice or noodles if you like. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Dress your savage monkey body in fine cloth and pretend you are a civilized modern hominid as you enjoy your delicious murder soup.