Well, KatsuCon 2003 has come and gone and it has been one helluva weekend for Splurd. Something neat happened each day; one could hardly describe it as boring. The Big Snow Storm that blanketed the whole region this weekend did nothing to deter us from going back on Sunday! We braved the flying white fluff to attend the last hours of the Con and it's good that we did! Personally, I think this con was a greater success than NekoCon was. My reasons are forthcoming:
- I sold a bunch of prints and did a couple of commissions and Jer sold a couple of portraits, altogether more than what was sold at NekoCon. I am also starting to develop a fan base for my art that extends beyond my friends and co-workers. Thanks to all who bought stuff and to all who write in about my art!
- Steve Bennett of Studio Iron Cat was at the Con but not next to us, so we didn't lose any chairs to people awaiting porn!
- Even though we weren't giving out free T-shirts this time, Studio Splurd gained quite a bit of attention on it's own, which is good! People showed up knowing who we were from NekoCon and from recent ads on other webcomic sites.
- Jer garnered quite a bit of attention on his own by way of Duck, the Black Stick of Uselessness and at the Con dance. Don't worry, he'll more'n likely tell all about it later.
- We didn't lose The Bag or anything else for that matter!
And there you have it, a brief wrap up of this weekend's events. In other news, SplurdLink is up and running, so Jer will be updating Backstage again. I will now leave you with a small diagram of what many saw this weekend.