SplurdLink! is coming along nicely. I think I'm about 60-70% done. This is my task list:
- Build a database that can hold a name, author, URL, synopsis, rating (based on Amber Panyko's Censorship Pandas), update frequency, and small banner of an unlimited number of webcomics. Status: Done.
- Build a search engine that can generate a list of comics in database, based on any specified element. Status: Done.
- Build a results page that lists all the comics searched for. Status: Mostly Done. Right now it dumps all the results on one page, which might be a problem if there are a couple hundred results. Once I add that, it's done.
- Build a submit form so ANYONE can add their comic to the database. Status: Done, but needs to be tested. Jenn's gonna try and break it tonight.
- Build an account management page, so once your comic is added to the list, you can come back and change stuff. Status: To do, but is should be a simpler version of the "Add Your Comic" page.
- Build an admin page for us, so we can double check entries before they get added to the master list. Status: Shouldn't take long. It doesn't have to be pretty since only we'll be using it.
- Build a donations database, and integrate it with PayPal. Status: I haven't even started that.
- Decorate the whole thing, make it look nice, give it a Splurd-worthy look and feel. Status: Finishing touch, will be done at the very end.
- Test the shit out of the fucking thing.